Identify Your Type of Safe Below
Executive Digital Fire Safe
Gun Safes Electronic Lock
Home Defense Center
How to Open a Sentry Safe with Combination?
Do you have a Sentry Safe with combination codes, but struggle to find out how to open it? Here are the step by step guide for you to follow:
How to Open a Sentry Safe with Combination?
To open a Sentry Safe with combination, you can follow the below steps:
- Open the door of the safe, and ensure those shipping screws have been removed (if any)
- Find the combination code on the user manual (usually there is a sticker on the user manual)
- If you are using a dual key/combination model of the Sentry Safe, insert the key into the keyhole, push in and turn to “unlock” position.
- Now you are about to open the Sentry Safe. First of all turn the dial to ‘0’, then turn right (clockwise) passing number ‘0’ for THREE times, continue turning the dial until you reach the first number of your combination codes.
- Secondly, turn the dial to the left (counter-clockwise). You need to pass the second number of your combination codes ONCE and stop at the SECOND time when the dial reaches the your second combination code number.
- Thirdly, turn the dial to the right again (clockwise), stop when you reach the third combination code number in your combination on your first try (ONLY ONCE)
- Turn the handle downward to open the door of the safe.
It's open now! Note that the number of times will matter when you open the Sentry Safe! Enjoy using!
A sentry safe is an essential piece of equipment in a home if you have expensive items to keep safe. Manufacturers make sure that the safes are super rigid and sturdy enough to stand against any penetrating impact. The rigidity of the lock defines the integrity of the safe, but what if you lose the key! What if you forget the combination if your safe has a combination lock mechanism?
The sentry safes come with fireproof and the maximum security measures that are verified by ETL. Despite the highly secure boxes, forgetting the combination or losing the key to the lock is a common thing. The question that comes forward is how to open a sentry safe without a key or knowing the combination to the lock? In this article, Ill get you through some impressive hacks that you can use for opening a sentry safe without using a key.
Are All Sentry Safe Keys the Same?
The answer is, in a nutshell, No, not all the Sentry safe have the same unlocking keys except some rare cases. All the keys to the sentry safes have a unique code engraved or imprinted, which wont be the same as another key. If youre extremely lucky to find two keys to sentry safes with the same code number on them, they are the same. You can open the other safe with your key in that case, but thats extremely rare.
Some keys will have a rounded tip, and some will have pointy ends to keep the unmatchable key differences. Furthermore, if you go for a higher-end safe, they will even come with a keypad locking mechanism that you can customize. So, there is no way you will find a duplicate of the code number you put into that keypad lock.
How to Open a Sentry Safe Without a Key or Combination
If you forget the combination of the lock of your Sentry safe or lose the keys to it, you can use some hacks to open in. Here are how to open a sentry safe without a key using tools that you already have in your house:
Open Sentry Safe With a Paperclip:
Paper clips are by far the most popular lock-picking tool that works great in its job. Here is how you can use a paper click to pick your Sentry safes lock if youve lost the real keys:
- Take a paperclip and bend the bigger leg over, making a degree angle on the clip; use your finger or plier to do this.
- Bend the other leg of the clip as long as you need to hold the clip like a key and bend the first leg a little in the tip.
- Take another paper clip and bend the bigger leg in a degree angle where it will work like a handle to twist the lock.
- Now, place the second clip into the lock hole; you can use a minus screwdriver to do it as well. Whichever youre using, please place it in and create pressure in clockwise, the way you open locks.
- Take the first clip and get the pointy end into the upper portion of the hole, where the teeth of the lock are located.
- Keep on twisting clockwise and giggle with the pointy end of the first clip into your locks teeth.
- You have to do it until you hear the Click sound in the lock, which signifies opening the lock.
Open Sentry Safe Using a Drill or Cutting Tool
This method will destroy the lock, and you have to replace it afterward, so be sure you want to pick the lock this way:
- Take a drill machine and attach it to a power outlet for starting the drill open into the lock of the safe.
- Ensure youre drilling directly into the lock instead of the safe body, or you may end up ruining the safe entirely.
- If you can drill through the lock, the lock will break open, and you can replace it later.
- However, contact the manufacturer if its possible to replace the broken lock with a new one.
Open Sentry Safe With a Nail Cutter:
To open the lock using a nail cutter, you need a nail cutter with a nail file. If you have one of these nail cutters, follow this process:
- Take the nail cutter and open up the nail file straight, hold it like youre holding on to a key.
- Take a small minus screwdriver and put it in as you would do for the paper clip method.
- You can also skip the screwdriver if the nail file does the job alone; in that case, put it inside the lock.
- Juggle the file a little and try to rotate it clockwise; try a few times more if it denies rotating.
- Keep on juggling and rotating the file until you hear a click sound, which means the lock is open.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about sentry safes, about their locking and unlocking system that you should know about:
Can a locksmith open a Sentry safe?
Yes, trained locksmiths can easily open up a sentry safe with the proper tools they have.
How long does a sentry safe lockout?
A battery-powered sentry safe lockout will last for five minutes, dont push the button till then.
Can you get a replacement key for a Sentry Safe?
Yes, you can make a new replacement set of keys for your Sentry safe from third party suppliers.
Generally, the sentry safes are super rigid and secure enough to keep it safe from any impact or fire. An example of the sturdiness of a good sentry safe is, fire cannot penetrate it for 2 hours. The reliability of the manufacturer depends on how rigid the safe they are making. However, losing the key to the safe or forgetting the combination is a regular phenomenon that could happen with you.
Knowing how to open a sentry safe without a key will help you open it up in emergency cases. Using these methods Ive mentioned in this article will not damage the lock mechanism. You can use the safe with its regular keys when you find them or remember the combination afterward.
Hi, I am Jhon Adam, I am an ex-military and now I run a business where I sell security tools, arm protection gadgets, gun vaults, scopes for the rifles, and other related accessories. Because of this business, I have to deal with so many clients who felt insecure about their security tools. Like it is quite risky and dangerous to let the personal protective gun in an insecure way. Because they don’t have gun safe vaults. Some people facing difficulties with their hunting rifles scope or etc. Every day they come to my shop they come with a new problem.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
SentrySafe Key Box: Model KB-50
- MediumModel KB-50
- Interior Capacity 0.12 cubic ft
- Price Range: $20-$50
- Security Protection
Top of the Line Protection
Security ProtectionMore Information
Privacy key lock deters unwanted viewers or children from accessing the contents of the safe. These safes provide basic protection and are not intended for tool attacks.
The SentrySafe Key Box KB-50 provides organization and security for your important home and business keys. Color-coded tags (included) and labels make finding and returning your keys quick and easy. Mounting hardware is also included.
Privacy Key Lock
Our most standard option and the simplest way to secure your valuables. Typically accompanied by a spare for convenience.
Solid steel construction for durable and reliable protection.
Ensures your small safe is securely attached in order to prevent it from being physically moved or stolen.
Color-coded tags and labels allow for easy organization
11.8 in H X 9.4 in W X 3.9 in D
11.5 in H X 8.1 in W X 2.2 in D
0.12 cubic ft
Download the latest owner’s manual for this product.View Product Manual
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions.View FAQs
Guides to safe setup, troubleshooting, and other support needs.View Videos
Safe key sentry
.Sentry TO-331 no code no key
You will also like:
- Unit 7 assessment
- Expressvpn download
- Pdp controller reviews
- Modern balcony plants
- Husqvarna authorized repair
- Gta 4 intruder
- Physics 122 uw
- Average temperature costa rica february
- Stray kids height
- Nike earnings expectations
- How to get dlc botw