Coilover Kit – Ford Mustang 1966 | Front | 550 lbs./in. | 0.0-2.0 in. lowered | SKU: M1BBF2S
For your 1966 Ford Mustang – Aldan coil-over conversion kits are designed to convert your stock, front suspension to coil-overs. Aldan Phantom Series, single adjustable coil-overs deliver superior handling & ride quality for a drastic improvement over stock suspension. Aldan kits are a 100% bolt-on design that eliminate cutting and welding. Aldan coil-over kits are ride-height adjustable allowing you to properly lower your ride-height up to 2.0 in. Great for street applicaitions.
- Adjustable Ride Height: 0.0-2.0 in. lowered
- Single Adjustable Coilovers
- Spring Rate: 550 lbs./in.
- Coilover Kit Position: Front
- Provides full adjustment of shocks, springs & shock damping.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
FIND THIS PRODUCT AT:
1964-1966 Mustang Coilover Front End Kit Small Block (Double Adjustable) #COMST-6466V
The Global West Advantage
Negative Roll verses G-Plus Design:
The new design, a double (A-arm) system, is available with the Global West Negative Roll Geometry or G-plus design.
The differences between the two suspension systems are the application. Negative Roll is used for a street /road handling application, whereas G-Plus is used for street/drag application.
Both systems incorporate adjustable ride height coilover shocks with 3 different shock combinations available: non-adjustable, single adjustable (rebound) or double adjustable (bump and rebound), lower A-arms, upper A-arms, billet upper shock mounts, newly designed tower supports, inner shock tower supports, and sway bar.
The upper control arms, in conjunction with the lower control arms, have new alignment specifications built in to them. Reduced shimming is achieved for proper setting.
Additional Product Information
- The new lower control arms have an adjustable mount at the strut rod location. This is not used for setting your alignment but for installation purposes due to discrepancies in production and years of service.
- You will also notice a new sway bar location. The new lower arm incorporates the sway bar attachment point up in between the lower arm mounting points. This allows the car to be lowered further without running into frame clearance problems associated with the stock setup.
- The design also allows for a longer coilover shock to be used which gives the front suspension more available travel, 9 inches total. In addition, adjustable steering stops are also included.
- The shock and spring attach to the lower control arm closer to the lower ball joint and center line of the tire. This provides greater dampening control of the suspension. Fine adjustment to the shock yield greater effects to the suspension then the stock configuration.
- Standard drum or disc brake spindles are used, However if you are using the factory Kelsey Hayes 4 piston disc brakes, the lower control arm will interfere with the caliper. Aftermarket performance brakes will be required such as Wilwood disc brakes. Factory steering as well as aftermarket can be used provided it is designed for 1964 through 1966 Mustangs. We recommend checking the bump curve with any aftermarket steering especially rack and pinon kits.
- New tubular inner fender well shock tower panels are also included with the coilover kit. This design is necessary for accessing the shock adjusters and raising the bump stop giving the suspension more travel.
Mustang 64-66 - Front Bolt-On Coil-Over Kit
Converting the stock front suspension of your 1960 to 1977 Ford/Mercury to coil-over shocks is now a simple bolt-on procedure. Our exclusive modular shock-tower-adapter system and spherical-stem assembly gives you a choice of stock or lowered ride heights and can be used for a broad variety of vehicles and performance applications. The tower adapter and lower crossbar replace the factory shock mount and lower spring perch respectively. Lightweight billet-aluminum VariShock coil-overs are available in 16-position single-adjustable or 256-combination double-adjustable versions and provide 7-1/2” of suspension travel. Choice of spring rates range from 450 to 850 lb/in., suitable for street-friendly ride quality to larger-vehicle handling performance. A second set of different rate springs can also be selected as an option for tuning purposes. Kits include shocks, springs, tower adapters with reinforcement plate, mounting hardware, and spot weld removal tool.
Optional Tower caps also available.
- Bolt-in installation with TCP or OEM upper control arms
- Year/model specific modular shock-tower adapters with choice of stock or lowered ride height
- Greaseable spherical-stem upper shock mount
- Heavy-duty urethane-bushed lower crossbar
- Available in 16-position single-adjustable or 256-combination double-adjustable versions
- Works with TCP shock tower brace
Front Bolt-On Coil-Over, Single Adjustable - Fits 1964-66 Mustang and various Ford/Mercury models from 1960-77.
Applications: Comet 60-65, Comet 71-77, Cyclone 64-65, Falcon 60-65, Maverick 70-77, Mustang 64-66, Ranchero 60-65
- Adjustable-valve shocks
- Tower adapters with Reinforcement plate
- spot weld removal tool
- Choice of ride height range and spring rate
- Mounting Hardware
CoilOver System for 1964-1966 Mustang
The RideTech CoilOver System for the 1964-1966 Mustang includes everything you need to give your vintage Mustang modern drivability. The package contains front upper and lower control arms, tall spindles, steering arms, inner & outer tie rods, front MuscleBar, a Bolt-In 4 Link System and 4 HQ Series CoilOvers for every corner of your vehicle. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. RideTech has spent hours collecting data to find a perfect spring rate and components for your vehicle’s performance and ride quality. Designed to lower your vehicle.
- Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles for the tall spindles. The upper ball joint have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high speed stability and steering feel. Billet cross shafts are included that feature a lowered mounting point to increase camber gain and correct suspension geometry. They house a stout double sheer lower shock mount.
- Lower StrongArms feature a unique design that combines the control and strut rod into a stronger, more appealing 1 piece design. Additional caster is designed into the arms and includes a robust bearing in an aluminum housing at the front mount to replace the soft factory rubber units.
- TruTurn System includes tall spindles which induce more negative camber gain to maximize tire contact patch during cornering. It also includes steering arms, center link adapter, tie rods and adjusters to virtually eliminate bumpsteer, correct Ackerman angle and allow for wider tires. This spindle is designed for use with 1967-1969 Camaro brake systems. Compatible with OEM manual steering, AND with the Borgenson power steering conversion box.
- HQ Series CoilOvers utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling the rebound knob is located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Interested in AutoCross or Road Course Racing? Consider the TQ Series CoilOvers.
- Front MucleBar Sway Bar helps reduce body roll and includes the PosiLink endlinks that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms.
- Bolt On 4-Link greatly improves traction, handling and ride quality. Installation does not require the any major modifications to the floor pan and requires only minimal welding to the axle tube. Works with minitubs. The R-Joint rod ends combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack
- TQ Series Shocks- The remote reservoir triple adjustable coil-over shocks feature rebound adjustment along with dual stage (High Speed & Low Speed) compression adjustment. High speed adjustment allows tuning for impact harshness and low speed adjustment allows tuning of cornering characteristics, perfect for use on the autocross, road course and drag strip. Read More
Mustang kit 1966 coilover
Bolt-On Three-Way Adjustable Front Coilover Kit for 64-66 Mustang
A Bolt-In Coilover Conversion That Fits Without Welding or Cutting on Your 1965-1966 Mustang
These kits provide the highest quality performance characteristics for your 1965-1966 Mustang front end at an incredible value. Converting the front end of your early Mustang to coilovers has never been easier, or more affordable! At the heart of this kit is adjustable PRO coil-over shocks, which feature a threaded body for simple tuning of ride height, and three clicks of damping adjustment (soft, medium, and firm) to easily dial in your handling performance and ride quality. The springs are designed specifically for use with a combination of the PRO Shocks coil-over lower mount and the factory upper spring pocket. By building the upper section of the spring to factory dimensions, this puts the weight back into the frame instead of on a single stud. To ensure that this performance conversion goes as smooth as possible, the included upper shock mount bracket allows for simple installation of this kit without any cutting or welding involved.
The lower coilover mount bolts to your stock upper control arm in place of the Mustang's original coil spring perch assembly. This means you only have to remove the original coil spring, spring perch, shock absorber, and upper shock mounting bracket. Other than the need to use a spring compressor to safely remove the coil spring, everything else is basic nut and bolt work with hand tools. If you find your control arms have seen better days we offer bolt-in direct-fit upper and lower tubular control arms from Global West that will enhance your Mustang's handling even more!
(2) Aluminum Coilover PRO Shocks
PRO shocks new aluminum small body coil over shocks are 3 way adjustable. They are fitted with an aluminum coilover kit and make one of the cleanest coil overs on the market for your muscle car. The PRO Shocks reputation for building winning racing and performance shocks begins with the company’s comprehensive knowledge of chassis dynamics. The proven performance that makes PRO Shocks suspension systems famous for quality comes from a precision manufacturing environment that holds the most stringent tolerances during assembly and through to the dyno process. PRO Shocks has maintained this quality for over 30 years because the company attracts race-oriented professionals who come to the job with as much passion as our customers bring to their cars.
(2) Coilover Springs
- Powdercoated finish
- 450 lb/in spring rate (to match stock V8 specs)
- Mounts to lower coilover and upper spring pocket
(2) Sets of Upper and Lower Coilover Mounts
Installation Instructions (PDF)
Adjustment Instructions (GIF)Sours: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bolt-On-Three-Way-Adjustable-Front-Coilover-Kit-for-64-66-Mustang,433324.html
- 1050 alcohol carburetor
- Walmart ice making machine
- Newspapers.com publisher extra free trial
- Homes for sale utah mountains
- 1985 sports illustrated
- 02tvseries empire season 3
- Runescape celestial dragon