Average Hourly Rate for Planned Parenthood Employees
Planned Parenthood Reviews
Learning and Development3.5
Executive Assistant in Eugene, Oregon:
Pros: I love our team and am very proud to work at a place that provides reproductive healthcare to all!
Cons: My co-worker's frustrations.
Registered Nurse (RN) in Virginia Beach, Virginia:
Pros: I genuinely feel like I make a difference and that my coworkers care about patients
Cons: Structure is sometimes lacking and roles could be more clearly defined
About Planned Parenthood
Founded on: January 1st, 1916
"About This Company" data & logos provided by
Years of Experience
This data is based on 224 survey responses.
Avg. Hourly Rate: $15 - $35
Avg. Hourly Rate: $15 - $31
This data is based on 187 survey responses. Learn more about the gender pay gap.
Popular Locations for Planned Parenthood
- Los Angeles, California
- New York, New York
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Eugene, Oregon
- Washington, District of Columbia
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Seattle, Washington
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Houston, Texas
- Richmond, Virginia
View more locations
Planned Parenthood Job Listings
Companies in the same industry as Planned Parenthood, ranked by hourly rate.
Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse
Impactful Company- Good Work Life Balance for Nurses
RN (Former Employee) - Indiana - June 27, 2021
Working for PP allowed me the opportunity to care for some amazing individuals with powerful stories from all walks of life. I miss the patient population, and also my coworkers as well. The patient education piece is what Ioved. Great supportive team, yet better management could be in place, preferably that with a healthcare background. Overall goals of the organization were sometimes very unclear, with frequent changes in expectations for our care which could be at times very frustrating. Pay is decent, considering a much less stressful environment than bedside nursing. Hours are decent as well, yet a little unclear as you may have to stay after depending on how many patients remain in the clinic at closing. Overall, a very accepting and progressive company to work for, I will say I gained so much more respect , clarity, and understanding after taking a position here, opposite of what is generally depicted in the public. PP offers so much to communities who would otherwise not have access to affordable, and thorough care, and in many cases it is a lifeline.
Average Registered Nurse (RN) Hourly Pay at Planned Parenthood
Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Registered Nurse (RN) is $26.81
What Do Registered Nurse (RN)s Do?
Most of the time, registered nurses (RN) work for hospitals or medical clinics. They may also work for other organizations, such as outpatient facilities, rehabilitation centers, or senior centers. Their main job is to promote wellness and health.
To become RNs, they must have an associate degree in nursing (ADN) or a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN). Some employers require candidates to have prior experience as an RN. They must have a license from their state's board of nursing. In …Read more
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records.
Common Health Benefits
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager and Lead Clinician
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi is one of Tennessee's oldest and largest private, non-profit health care agencies. For over 75 years, PPTNM has remained committed to providing high-quality, affordable reproductive services and education throughout Tennessee, north Mississippi, and parts of Arkansas and Kentucky. We have four health center locations in Tennessee - Memphis - Midtown, Memphis - Summer/I-240, Knoxville and Nashville.
Our mission is to improve health and well-being by providing high-quality, nonjudgmental sexual health care, honest and accurate sexuality education, and reproductive health and rights advocacy.
Responsible for the nursing care delivery according to Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Federal, State, and Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi (PPTNM) guidelines, including all client care, counseling and screening laboratory test results in collaboration with PPTNM’s Medical Director and clinicians.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides recovery room care and supervision in the recovery room on procedure days
- Start IV’s per MS&G’s and in case of emergencies.
- Assist physicians during abortion procedures.
- Facilitate dispensing of medications, birth control and controlled substances as directed by clinician/physician
- Provides general health supervision, health maintenance, education, and counseling to women during the life cycle
- Performs the duties of abnormal lab follow up
- Recognizes common medical problems and/or other deviations from normal and provides management or referral to clinicians as indicated
- Patient education: Evaluate patient needs for education on an individual basis and provide as necessary and appropriate and properly document
- Recognize ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing care to women throughout the life cycle
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and maintains documentation of continuing education activities required for licensure
- Inventory and maintenance: Ensure ample inventory and keep supplies in recovery room well stocked
- Monitors birth control supplies, medications and forms and advises manager when orders are needed
- Supervises health care assistants when engaged in client care services. Assists in performance appraisals, coaching, and discipline of health care assistants
- Facilitate patient referrals from Planned Parenthood to other health care systems.
- Work with health care team to meet established productivity standards for center revenue, expense/margin, patient numbers, quality, and customer service.
- Staff abortion clinic.
- Attend all staff meetings and affiliate training.
- Travel may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- This may include learning to perform ultrasounds and serve as on-call nurse to provide emergency care by responding to after hour calls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values
- Ability to relate to diverse communities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer skills desirable
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Availability to work flexible hours, as required
- Strong commitment to the goals, quality healthcare and excellent customer service
- Knowledge of medical documentation and language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Committed to PPTNM mission and ideals
- Accepts a flexible work schedule to include occasional weekend or evening hours
- Able to lift 25 lbs
EXPERIENCE:Minimum one year experience as an RN; Experience in OB/GYN nursing preferred
- Current Tennessee Nursing License
- CPR Certification – ACLS and BLS
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Limited voluntary benefit offerings to PT employees
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity
- Plum Benefits & Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
PPTNM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites:
Rn planned parenthood
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Under general direction PPM providers for the performance of the provision
of nursing care to PPM patients and under the general direction of a Regional Director for the operational and administrative performance, the RN I performs nursing tasks necessary for efficient center operations to ensure high quality client services and support, efficient client flow, and a professional health care environment.
1. Provide empathetic and non-judgmental direct nursing care in all the health center areas as appropriate to scope of practice and with adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Clinical Workflow guidelines and Medical Standards and Guidelines.
2. Conduct ultrasound, medical histories, counseling, vitals, lab, etc. as needed in all aspects of PPM services to insure patient flow and quality health care.
3. Correctly enters patient information into Electronic Practice Management (EPM) system and Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. Maintains documentation of all patient care activities provided with adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Clinical Workflow guidelines and Medical Standards and Guidelines.
4. Assist with patient notification and follow-up in accordance with PPM policies, the Medical Standards and Guidelines and under the direction of PPM providers
5. Prepare and administer medications to patients per clinician’s written orders, PPM standing orders protocols, and as allowed by scope of practice and PPM/State/Medical Board regulations.
6. Demonstrates PPM customer service standards.
7. Maintains excellent working relationship with other management staff and works cooperatively with health center personnel.
8. Provides patients with opportunity to provide feedback through patient surveys and reviews.
9. Provide service recovery for patients when needed
Health Center Operations:
10. Contributes to achieving health center productivity goals.
11. Adhere to affiliate goals on internal and external customer service, wait time in clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
12. Prepares the recovery room for a surgical day with appropriate medications, patient information and equipment.
13. Complies with agency Quality Assurance plan and guidelines and all pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
14. Attends in-services, staff meetings, and staff development activities as requested.
15. Works with volunteers, interns, and Medical Learners as applicable.
16. Travel as assigned.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a valid Maryland state, or Maryland endorsed, Registered Nurse license
2. Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
3. CPR certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days of employment.
4. ACLS certification or willingness to obtain within 180 days of employment.
5. Willingness to support the mission of Planned Parenthood of Maryland.
6. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
7. Two (2) years of experience working as a nurse.
8. Previous abortion care, gynecological, or labor and delivery nursing experience.
9. Experience with obstetric sonography or willingness to learn.
10. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program for full-time employees to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.
Apply for this jobSours: https://jobs.lever.co/ppmd/0c02bdc6-a660-4bd4-9049-1a0ee4cfdd32
You will also be interested:
- Cooler master 550
- React native suspense
- Okanogan rentals
- Eufycam not detecting motion
- Candy chrome paint
- Lq9 vs l92
- Operator chords
- Pretty skull svg
- 2stroke silencer