How to Make an Easy Origami Flower
- 1 piece 15x15 centimeter colored paper
Create the Origami Square Base
To begin, get your paper ready and sit in a clear workspace with plenty of room and light for you to create your origami masterpiece. Don't get discouraged if it takes more than one try to get it right. Keep practicing and following the steps. You will get it.
Select your paper color and get ready to fold:
- Start by folding your paper in half, top to bottom and then left to right.
- Flip the paper to the other side.
- Fold the paper diagonally in half both ways and then unfold it completely.
- Flip the paper back over to the other side and rotate it.
- Bring the left and right corners inwards to the middle, then collapse the top down.
- This result is called an "Origami Square Base."
Fold the Base in Thirds
- Rotate the "Origami Square Base" so that the open end is at the top.
- Now imagine that the paper has been sliced into thirds so that there will be three equal slices. Fold the right edge over to the left.
- Fold the left edge over to the right.
- If the result doesn't look like the photo, it is not right. Simply unfold and adjust until it is approximately the same. Don't worry if it's not perfect. Real flowers aren't exactly perfect either.
Unfold the Base and Flatten
- Unfold the paper.
- Fold the right edge to the crease you just made. Unfold.
- Open the right edge of the paper, and reverse the crease you just made. Now flatten the paper.
- Repeat the same process on the left.
Fold the Flower Stem
- Fold the paper like a kite as indicated in the photo.
- Unfold the paper.
- Open out the little flap.
- Squash the two edges of that flap inwards.
- Flatten it out completely.
Fold and Curl the Petals
- Fold the right side of the right section behind itself, so it looks like the photo.
- Repeat this step on the other three sides to create the flower petals.
- Carefully open out the flower.
- Very delicately use a chopstick or pencil to curl the petals. Remember that you are handling paper, so do it very carefully.
You should now have a pretty origami flower. Don't forget that origami takes practice, so do not be surprised if your first attempt is not perfect. Try again and you'll likely find that the second attempt is better. Once you have successfully created an origami lily flower, you are ready to create more beautiful origami decorations such as an origami rose or even an origami butterfly.
Search this Site
Like Origami? Tell your friends!
Most Popular OrigamiThese are currently our most popular origami:
We use standard size 6 inch x 6 inch (15cm x 15cm) square origami paper for this site unless stated otherwise. If you can, use different types of origami paper to change the look of the finished origami and have fun with it!
Translate this Site
Tweets by @OrigamiSensei
Origami flowers can be really beautiful. They can also be really intricate. They make great gifts for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, etc. The kusudama flowers can be glued to make a flower ball and they can be used as decoration or ornament pieces during the holiday season.
Origami flowers are a lot more affordable than real flowers, and last a lot longer (however they don't smell as sweet) ;)
Follow the step by step photos and origami diagrams and fold the origami flowers.
Try giving them to someone, they will be fascinated with your origami flowers and the effort you took to make them!
Learn how to make a pretty origami lotus flower. This traditional origami flower is easy to make from one sheet of square paper.
This is the prettiest traditional origami flower in our opinion. Once you’ve folded this origami lotus flower, you’ll remember how to make it forever.
This origami flower works best with crisp, thin origami paper. If you use thicker paper, make sure to use the largest paper possible, to prevent ripping the paper.
Origami Lotus Flower Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Origami Lotus Flower.
There is also a video tutorial available at the end here.
1. This is the back of the origami paper, usually white. This colour will be visible on the bottom of the lotus if you fold the last set of petals.
2. Fold the bottom edge of the paper up to the top edge.
3. Unfold the paper.
4. Fold the right edge over to the left edge.
5. Unfold the paper.
6. Fold the bottom right corner to the middle of the paper.
7. Fold the other three corners of the paper to the middle of the paper.
8. Rotate the paper.
What Origami Flowers To Fold Next?Sours: https://origami.guide/origami-flowers/origami-lotus-flower/
Origami flower easy
.Easy Paper Tulip Origami Flower
- Cube attain road bike
- Ningbo time zone
- Outlaw offroad
- Sunny jazz chords
- Cute pictures of husky puppies
- Sanger boat
- Call for consultants
- Free yacht pictures